Today, we are sharing a Our Commonwealth Community Essay. This article can help the students who are looking for information about Our Commonwealth Community Essay. This essay is very simple and easy to remember. The level of this essay is medium so any students can write this Queen Commonwealth Essay Competition 2022. This Essay on Our Commonwealth Community useful for junior category students ( under 14 years of age ).
Our Commonwealth Community Essay
Here we provide a best essay on Our Commonwealth Community. You can write this Our Commonwealth Community Essay also for a Queen Commonwealth Essay Competition 2022. students of all classes can write this for their Commonwealth Essay Competition 2022.
Commonwealth Community Essay Competition 2022
The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2022 is the world’s oldest international writing competition for schools, established in 1883. With thousands of young people taking part each year, it is an important way to recognize achievement, elevate youth voices and develop key skills through creative writing.
The Queen Commonwealth Essay Competition 2022 Topics
Junior category (Born on or after 1 July 2008 (under 14 years of age), maximum word count: 750 words
- Imagine you are a grandparent in 2022. Tell your grandchildren a bedtime story about an inspirational person.
- What are the best ways for young people to serve the Commonwealth in your view?
- Our Commonwealth community.
- Write a job description for a superhero needed to solve a problem in your community.
So Let’s Start….
Essay on Our Commonwealth Community ( 750 Words)
The Commonwealth is one of the world’s oldest political associations of states. Its roots go back to the British Empire, when countries around the world were ruled by Britain. Commonwealth Community also called Commonwealth of Nations, formerly (1931–49) British Commonwealth of Nations, a free association of sovereign states comprising the United Kingdom and a number of its former dependencies who have chosen to maintain ties of friendship and practical cooperation and who acknowledge the British monarch as symbolic head of their association.
Our Commonwealth Community Meaning
commonwealth is a traditional English term for a political community founded for the common good. Historically, it has been synonymous with “republic”. The noun “commonwealth”, meaning “public welfare, general good or advantage”, dates from the 15th century. Originally a phrase, it comes from the old meaning of “wealth”, which is “well-being”, and is itself a loose translation of the Latin res publica (republic). The term literally meant “common well-being”.
Establishment of Commonwealth Community:
The Commonwealth was an evolutionary outgrowth of the British Empire. Contemporaneous with its shedding of mercantilist philosophy, the empire began implementing “responsible government”—i.e., a system under which the governor could act in domestic matters only upon the advice of ministers enjoying the confidence of the elected chamber—in parts of Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and Ireland in the mid- to late-19th century.
These dependent but self-governing states attained growing measures of sovereignty, and their autonomy communities within the British Empire, equal in status, in no way subordinate one to another in any aspect of their domestic or external affairs, though united by a common allegiance to the Crown, and freely associated as members of the British Commonwealth of Nations.”
Our Commonwealth Community :
- The Commonwealth Community is a voluntary association of 54 independent and equal countries.
- It is home to 2.5 billion people, and includes both advanced economies and developing countries. 32 of our members are small states, including many island nations.
- Our member governments have agreed to shared goals like development, democracy and peace. Our values and principles are expressed in the Commonwealth Charter.
- The Commonwealth’s roots go back to the British Empire. But today any country can join the modern Commonwealth. The last country to join the Commonwealth was Rwanda in 2009.
Vision of Commonwealth Community
The vision of Commonwealth Community is to help create and sustain a Commonwealth that is mutually respectful, resilient, peaceful and prosperous and that cherishes equality, diversity and shared values.
We support member governments, and partner with the broader Commonwealth family and others, to improve the well-being of all Commonwealth citizens and to advance their shared interests globally.
Scholarship Coverage/Prize for Competition Winners
Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- All entrants receive a Certificate of Participation and one Winner and Runner-up from the Senior and Junior categories will win a trip to London for a week of educational and cultural events.
- Resources for winner’s school
- Visits to Cambridge University
- A trip to London and a week of activities
- Having your entry featured in worldwide media
- Work experience at international organisations
- RCS regional and branch offices often hold ceremonies or offer prizes.
Students in school, are often asked to write essay on Our Commonwealth Community. We help the students to do their homework in an effective way. If you liked this article, then please comment below and tell us how you liked it. We use your comments to further improve our service. We hope you have got some learning on the above subject.
For more ideas on Our Commonwealth Community Essay , Subscribe to bell icon .Thanks for reading and stay connected.